The 1997 Sfskaters Swap Meet
On Saturday, April 26, 1997,
the Bladium In-Line Hockey
the first sfskaters swap meet. Bladium is located
at 1050 Third Street in San Francisco.
Click here to see a cool interactive map.
Read what I posted to the sfskaters mailing list about
the swap meet.
The sfskaters swap meet was an event where
skaters, skate shops and members of the industry were invited to bring
their used skating-related equipment to sell and trade with fellow skaters.
Any new equipment brought by skate shops was sold under a 25% swap-meet
The event began at noon and continued until
This was a totally free event, and in fact, over 100
different people who attended won
one of the door prizes donated by skate
shops and members of the skating industry. See the list
There are now a collection of pictures of the event which
you can view at:
The sfskaters swap meet was produced by
Anna Stubbs (co-founder of the
Roller Divas Women's Skating Club)
and Howard Cohen
(founder of the
SFSkaters mailing list).
- This web page is located at:
Share the Joy of Skating
Over 55 pairs of used skates were donated
to CORA'sSkate Against
Donated skates are refurbished and given to kids
who couldn't otherwise afford them.
Many thanks to all who donated!
The following companies and individuals have contributed door prizes
to the swap meet. These will be raffled away to attendees throughout
the day. You must be present to win and winners will receive no more
than one door prize.
Thanks to all those who contributed!
- Arm Alarm
- Five Arm Alarms (personal alarms).
- One pair of cross-trainer shoes, assorted tank tops and towels.
- One pair of Hockey Skates, four helmets and dozens of keychains.
- One helmet.
- One free membership and two free pick-up games.
[These guys are great! Not only did they made the venue available for
free, they contributed door prizes too!]
- Hudson Bay Inline
- Two sets of wheels, one set of bearings.
- Movement In Motion
- Two One-hour Rollerdance lessons.
- Jack Gescheidt
- Three calendars featuring photographs of skaters.
- 1 set Hyper racing wheels (10),
1 set (16) BSB Speed Bearings,
1 set (8) Bullzeye fitness wheels
- Inline America
- 3 Athens-to-Atlanta videos, 2 long-sleeve T-shirts,
2 short-sleeve T-shirts.
- Two subscriptions.
- One pair of recreational skates.
- Three sets of wheels and one set of bearings.
Skate and Snowboard
- Two aluminum hockey sticks, one Left handed, one Right handed.
- Eddy Matzger
- One slot in one of his future speedskating seminars.
- Miller Sports
- Tee shirts, duffel bags.
- One set Kuzak hockey wheels, 3 Wicked Light Hockey Shafts.
- Moving Comfort
- "A Fit Woman is a Powerful Woman" tee shirts
- Two pair of Bigfoot Skis.
- One velocity shell jacket.
- Pearl Izumi
- One Pair of Gel Gloves, two water bottles.
- One pair of recreational skates, many pairs of aggressive clothing. These
were among the very most popular door prizes!
- Two memberships.
- 2 Pro-Tec roces helmets, one set Famous Amos agressive wheels,
one set Mo Sanders agressive wheels, two entries in the Inline Challenge
- Skate Pro Sports
- Two sets of wheels.
- One case of Stoker bars. That's a case, not a box.
- Ten Timex sports watches.
- One Pro Pack, one Sports Pack, various T-shirts.
- One set of ABEC-5 bearings.
- USA Inline Racing
- One subscription to American Skater.
- Wheel Hog
- T shirts.
- Woman's Sports and Fitness
- Three subscriptions.
- Wrightenberry Mills
- Six pair of double-layer socks.
Special thanks go to
Bladium for their
gracious offer to host the event.
Bladium has been the venue for such great events as Art Howard's birthday
bash and David Miles birthday/Skate Against Violence celebration. They
have been a regular host of Zackball
games, and currently host a variety of Roller Hockey leagues. Check out
their web site for more information at